Week 4 Blog Post




Hi friends! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. In class this week, we talked about virtual field trips. After reading the article by the Professional Learning Board, I believe all of the steps are important for the success of each and every student, but the lesson plan step stood out to me. I believe that teachers need to clearly understand the learning objectives prior to research, so him/her know what key points to look for when researching. I enjoy virtual field trips because it is something that each and every student can have access to in the classroom since we do not know their home life situations. For example, I played softball in Portland, Oregon and would love for my future students to take a virtual tour of the city I was able to explore and show them pictures from my trip after. I may even have them create their own pictures of what they noticed from the virtual tour. Personally, I enjoyed watching the Skype video. I think it was cool to see the students visit the bottom of the ocean via Skype with someone who is experienced under water. The students were able to ask a variety of questions and connect with the outside world that they may have never got to see without technology! 




 

Comments

  1. I agree that the lesson planning is an important aspect of virtual field trips. We have to know what we expect our students to get out of the trip and how they can relate what they have learned to a real life scenario, or experience what they have learned about in the case of a historical learning objective. I think using virtual field trips can be a great way to allow students to experience things and cultures that they may never get to travel to on their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great points by both of you! I am struggling to remember field trips we went on when I was a student up until college that were relevant to the curriculum and what we were learning about at the time.

      Delete
  2. Great job on your blogger post Samantha! I like how you included that each step is extremely important, but just how important the lesson plan step is due to the affect it can have on what exactly the teacher is researching and to make sure it aligns with the learning objectives in order to get the absolute most out of the whole experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you added important steps in lesson plans. This should help me

    ReplyDelete
  4. SAMMIE!! We are having to plan many lesson plans this semester and I think it will be very interesting to see what each plan is like. I agree with you 100% about understanding what you are going to teach before you go teach it to a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like the virtual field trip. I'm planning on using a virtual field trip to the great pacific garbage patch. It is such a fun way of showing kids information in an exciting way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment