Week 6 Blog Post
This week we read an article about connected learning framework and I not only enjoyed reading it, but I learned some things I never knew about. The principal that stood out the most to me is shared purpose. I found this principal interesting because it not only aligns with student podcasting, but it also aligns well with my podcasting topic! Shared purpose is aligned with student podcasting in some of the following ways; engaging with collective goals, communication, community guidelines, and support. After sharing my podcast to my future students, I believe they can apply these designed principals to their own lives, especially if they have never done a podcast before. One thing that I would want to do with my future students, is to introduce podcasting by sharing my own and then have them create their own and share it with their peers. The one guideline I would set for them is to be considerate of others and the podcast must be meaningful according to their own life!
Sammie,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post. I like how you are tying working out with your fitness topic. I cannot wait to do this in my classroom as well.
I enjoyed sharing this podcast with you Samantha. I feel like we touched base on some really good points that working out can bring to the table through technology and how students can align their podcast with something they personally enjoy as well. I believe that this is a great way to engage students with technology and online means where they can express and discuss something they find pure interest in.
ReplyDeleteGreat points! The notion of having an authentic audience out there that students could share their pods with and maybe even receive feedback is also super motivating for them.
DeleteHey Sammie! I enjoyed reading your blog. You made some good points in your blog and you are right students can align their podcast with something they personally enjoy as well.
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of introducing your students to podcasting by showing them your own, kind of like Dr. Gierhart! Shared purpose also stuck out to me because of it's collaborative nature!
ReplyDeleteHello Ms. Cotton!! Good job on your post this week! I enjoyed reading your thoughts. I also enjoyed listening to your podcast about working out! I would love to have more time to dedicate to my fitness, but for now I'll stick to my lattes and pumpkin loafs.
ReplyDelete