Week 7 Blog Post

 




Hi friends! This week in class we talked about coding and Project Based Learning (PBL). I have never used coding until I got to college, and I find that it will be very useful as part of elementary learning in my future classroom! I enjoyed reading the article this week about PBL and eLearning. As future educators, especially with the new developments of technology, I think "integrating interactive scenarios and simulations that require a broad range of skills" is applicable to PBL that involves students use of technology. This allows the students to experience a problem or situation and figure out a possible solution. This will help them further develop a range of skills, so that they can apply those skills to their own personal or professional lives. This tip will bind in significantly with a chosen math or science standard for the design process until plan, creating space for the students to use their imagination, show creativity, and their ideas/skills. 





Comments

  1. I agree that integrating scenarios and simulations are a great way to help students in project based learning. By giving students opportunities to try out things in real world scenarios they can see how the material might relate to them, which can help them gain a deeper understanding of the materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will actually explore digital simulations and models as part of our TEL work in a few weeks, so it was cool to see y'all already considering those approaches now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam! I definitely agree that incorporating interactive scenarios is important in project-based learning. I think it allows students to understand how the things they learn in school correlate with real world situations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great explanation and way of using these tips in a technologically based way! I'm interested in what interactive scenarios or situations could be explored with the technology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think coding is useful in the classroom as well. I don't really know much about it, so the task was a nice introduction to coding. I agree with the use of technology to solve interactive scenarios or situations. I think that the final project will be difficult but super engaging and fun.!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment