Week 8 Blog Post
Hi friends! I hope everyone is enjoying the start of Spring Break. I found the two videos that we were assigned to watch this week very interesting. In the Sawhney (2021) video, the idea of Janet was discussed. Prior to watching the two videos, I have never heard of Janet. After watching the video, Janet reminded me so much of Alexa, except they have many differences. According to the video, Janet is more interesting and intelligent than Alexa because she is made specifically for students and contains an educational database from all curriculums. She also has a personal assist feature, which can be programmed to suit any individual learning needs. I love the idea of Janet and if I had a Janet, I would use her for daily motivational pick me up quotes. What would you use Janet for?
As discussed in the video by Dweck (2014), educators must help students develop and improve a growth mindset. According to the video, research shows that when we praise kids for the process they engage in for their hard work, their strategies, their focus, and their perseverance make them vulnerable! In order to further build and develop a growth mindset, we must challenge our students. Without challenges, students may not experience any risks, failures, and they would not learn how to succeed. Thanks for reading my blog post. Enjoy Spring Break and stay safe!
Video Link 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Video Link 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?
I also thought that it would be really good if I had a Janet! I was thinking it might be great if Janet could speak both Korean and English perfectly, and Janet could deliver my opinion or written sentences to communicate with others. Then, I might not need to speak English anywhere. Since I feel like English is my "second" language, taking courses in English is a great challenge for me to try. Well, maybe I am asking too much to my Janet, where you are just asking her for daily motivational quotes. ;) Enjoy spring break!
ReplyDeleteI would love to have a Janet too. I have android, so I don't have a Siri or Alexa yet. I wonder if, in the future, we will have more Ais integrated just for all students besides Janet. Enjoy your spring break!
ReplyDeleteAdded Revisions : I plan to include the use of jam boards and podcasting in my future classroom! These digital resources will provide my students with digitally focused skills and different useful learning approaches. For example, active learning (countless free tools that students can explore on the internet that can be used in active learning class work and assignments that can be engaging, and create something while the students apply what they have learned
ReplyDeleteHey Samantha! I really enjoyed the videos too. Janet would be a godsent and I liked you comparison to Alexa though janet seems capable of doing much more. I also will be using different approaches with technology in the future. I hope it can be personalized for each student and give them options in the classroom that may not be used normally!
ReplyDelete